On this episode, we are going to explore the history of Los Angles with your host Michael Kourosh.
History of fascinating Los Angeles
Archeological data suggests Los Angeles was first settled 300 BC. Several tribes such as Chumash with about 5000 indigenous people living in the area.
– 1769, Captain Juan Rodriguez Pavia was the first non-native permanent resident.
– 1777, Governor Felipe de Neve decided to create civic pueblos for the support of military presidia.
Governor de Neve stablished the foundation of Spanish city plan law. They were contained an open central plaza surrounded by a church, administrative buildings and streets laid out in grit and, rectangular sides for farming and residence.
Good to know
– Los Angeles found by Mexican families.
– The very first name was:
El Pueblo Da La Reina
The town of the Angeles
– In 1821 LA was known the largest farming community in southern California.
– 1821 was the year of independence of Mexico, in which they lowered the Spanish flag and raised the Independent Mexican flag.
-1846, Mexican-American war started and ended on 1848 they handed over California to the United States.
-1851, first newspaper was published
-1880/90s, the central business district started to grow
-1892, Oil was found by today’s Dodgers Stadium
-1930, Mines field the first single runway started to work
1949, Los Angeles International Airport opened and nowadays is one of the busiest hubs in the world.
-1955, Disney Land the first Theme Park in the world started.
All the 3 Bag Faces are woven by women at Sub-Kurdish Tribes and they call it “JAFF”
Although, they are from the same region and show common Jaff elements, but there are differences between them in quality of the dyes,density and design.